Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I guess MSNBC said "Not on my watch!"


MSNBC isn't about to let advertising go down the drain for thier other shows due to their affliation with Don "I look like He-Man's Great-Great-Grandfather" Imus's show.

So they dropped it.

*does "Can You Feel a Brand New Day" dance*

Senator Obama weighed in onthe situation saying that he would never appear on Imus' show again (I'm a little surprised he went on there a first time, honestly).

He also said, and I love the fact that he threw his daughters into the mix, it really makes it personal for him:

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. He didn't just cross the line, he fed into some of the worst stereotypes that my two young daughters are having to deal with today in America,"

Source

No comments: