Friday, April 6, 2007

You know what? I wouldn’t put it past Keith Richards to do this*


Keith Richards is thinking “Aw, my fault, I didn’t think my ‘revelation’ would get this much press!

(*=lie about smoking his father’s ashes)

Normally, when a famous person retracts a story, it’s because they were a little too liberal telling the truth with a journalist and now want to change the story so that they don’t suffer any negative fallout from the revelations.

But in this case, I can totally believe that crazy Keith would tell a journalist that cause it sounded interesting. And cause he was really high. See this:

‘”It was an off-the-cuff remark, a joke, and it is not true. File under April Fool’s joke,” said Bernard Doherty, a Rolling Stones spokesman, about Richards’ quote in NME magazine.”

Was a response to this:

”"The strangest thing I’ve tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared … It went down pretty well, and I’m still alive.”"

Either way, that old saying “there’s no such thing as bad press” rings true for ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End’, when when it debuts May 23, will feature Keith as Jack Sparrow’s (Johnny Depp) dad.

No comments: